Lost Negative Space

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Reliquary, or not ...?

I don't know what will make most sense in trying to communicate what I want to communicate with my reliquary piece. Dilemma: should I try to make it 'realistic'–which by itself can prove to be difficult, since there are very few things that makes a reliquary a reliquary design wise–or, a more 'artistic' approach with a 'freer' form. I think I should go for the last option, since that gives me more freedom (so to speak) and also, there are strong limitations of what I'm capable of doing with clay at this point. There are also a few things that I can say about how reliquaries look in general.
  • They contain a 'relic' (which will be the testicles ...).
  • They often resembles buildings, like a church or a temple.
  • They are gold plated (or similar).
  • They sometimes have 'windows' to let you see the relic, but not always.
  • They vary immensely in design (which is good for me)
The important thing is that I make something that looks like it can contain something really valuable and sacred ... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home